States' rights

Rob Loach deloges at JUNO.COM
Wed Jan 19 11:30:26 MST 2000

I live in SC and have lived here for 20 years of my life. I was born in
Ohio, but I chose to live here in South Carolina. So in a true sense, I'm
not really a "Southerner" and as such I have no strong "heritage-based"
opinion about the confederate flag. (I **am** getting sick of hearing about
it, especially since there will be many people upset by whichever way it
goes -- and hence, it is *not* a thing that's "going to go away".) The *do*
hate the thought, though, of giving the NAALCP its own way -- it's kind of
like caving to a kid who is having a temper tantrum, kicking and screaming
on the floor. Besides, have you **ever** heard of anything as racist as the
name of that organization!?!? Talk about "symbol of racism".

What I **do** feel strongly about, though, is WJBC (a.k.a. the Lyin' King)
sticking his over-sized nose into an issue that is *NOT* the federal
government's business! The Feds are trying to control more and more of our
lives. I appreciate the presidential candidates who have said that it is the
state's place to decide what it should do.

It's extremely ironic that Klinton and AlBore both have been outspoken about
the flag, and their respective homestates (Arkansas and Tennessee) have some
form of the confederate flag in their own state flags. Most curious....

Of course, the media would never bring either of them to task about this,
though!  Grrrrrr!

... end rant ...

Bye y'all!
Rob

Rob Loach in Greenville SC
deloges at juno.com  <mailto:deloges at juno.com>
Please write all complaints legibly in the space -->  [ ]