Elian's grandparents part 2

Jim Nantz jnantz at STUDENT.GC.MARICOPA.EDU
Mon Jan 24 16:23:45 MST 2000

Here's how I look at it.  The national council of churches is in bed
with Castro.  That's why he lets them come and go as they please.  The
grandmothers are probably supportive of the Castro government or they
wouldn't have been allowed to go.  If they really were concerned about
Elian they would have gone to Florida to see him.  The family in Florida
has said they would allow the grandmothers to visit Elian, but they
would have to go there to see him.

Since they didn't go to Miami I have to conclude that they are here for
propaganda purposes rather than trying to see their grandson.