Relocation Bowl

John A. Quayle blueoval at SGI.NET
Wed Jan 26 07:53:44 MST 2000

At 03:25 AM 1/26/00 -0600, Richard A Whitenight wrote:

>Who would have thought that the St Louis Rams and the Tennessee Titans,
both teams who had relocated to new home cities, are going to play for the
championship of Super Bowl XXXIV?  I'd hate to think of what the odds would
be on either of these two teams being in the Super Bowl at the beginning of
the season.  I personally never would have thought that the
>Titans would win 16 games. It's going to be fun just watching these two
teams compete against each other, knowing that some of the so-called powers
of the NFL will not be participating.  I just hope whomever sings
>the Star Spangled Banana, does a decent job and doesn't > embarrass themself.

        I've never liked Jeff Fisher, coach of the Oilers - er, ah......I mean
Titans. He seems to have a 'tude problem. I could be wrong......Anyway, the
Rams wrote the book on re-location. I believe they were the first NFL
franchise to do so, moving from Cleveland to Los Angeles in the 1950s.

        The Titans "stole" Yancy Thigpen from "Da Stillers" (Pittsburgh-ese) and
they also have Neil O'Donnell (who still gets blamed for the Steelers only
Super Bowl loss in 1995).....
Add to that, the Rams got pummeled by the 1979 Super Bowl champion Steelers
(when Los Angeles was coached by Ray Malavasi).......I'll take the Rams by
two TDs.

:-)

JAQ