Sheila Jackson Lee the Commie......

blueoval at SGI.NET blueoval at SGI.NET
Thu Jan 27 21:28:52 MST 2000

Subject: [tyranny] Sheila Jackson Lee the Commie is at it again. WRITE!

THE CONGRESSWOMAN FROM TEXAS ATTACKS "PATRIOTS" AND THE MILITIA

----
Note that "patriots" are included, in the Congressional Resolution below,
as un-American "threats to government"....and to anyone who knows even a
fraction of what lay, unrevealed and government-linked, behind the Oklahoma
City bombing, the PanAm 103 bombing, and TWA800 shootdown, and the World
Trade Centre bombing as well, such references to these events in connection
with the Constitutional militia are frankly ludicrous. That the militia has
constantly advocated a peaceful return to the Constitution and Bill of
Rights goes unremarked here.

        That the militias are composed of men and women of every colour, creed,
ethnic backgound and profession, bound together by a common love of liberty
and Constitutional government, is smeared over here by the accusation that
it is a "white-supremacist", racist movement.

        That terrorism by the government itself - notably at Waco and Ruby Ridge -
drove large numbers of the population to form, again, Constitutional
militias goes un-noted here. The Founding Fathers and the US Code sanction
and legitimize the militia; but it is Janet Reno and ilk who have been the
most powerful motivating forces in its modern re-birth. Credit should go
where it's due.

        Also un-noted is the fact that an Arizona judge threw out of court the
"charges" against six members of the so-called "Viper militia"...but the
only important thing here is that they were arrested. Half the truth is
much more handy than the whole truth in the demonization business!
---
Congress Demonizes Militia - H.Con.Res.206
----
[This has now gone to the Judiciary Committee.]
(From the Congressional Record via THOMAS search engine)
SENSE-OF-CONGRESS RESOLUTION REGARDING THE ARMED MILITIA (House of
Representatives - August 02, 1996)

[Page: H9901]

The SPEAKER pro tempore. Under a previous order of the House, the
gentlewoman from Texas [Ms. Jackson-Lee] is recognized for 5 minutes.

Ms. JACKSON-LEE of Texas. Mr. Speaker, it has been a week, but certainly we
can say that though we may have disagreed, this Congress has attempted to
work on behalf of the American people. I would hope that even if something
is threatening, that something is confusing, that there is something that
we are not sure of, that we still, as a Congress, have the courage to bring
it to the attention of the American people.

        Today I presented to the American people House Concurrent Resolution 206,
which is a sense of Congress that expresses the threat to the security of
the American citizens and the U.S. Government by armed militia. This may
not be a popular stance, but it does us no good to hide from the issue.

        Mr. Speaker, one of the most energetic promoters of the growing
anti-government movement in 1995 was militia of Montana spokesperson Bob
Fletcher. Shortly after a 2-ton bomb destroyed the Murrah Federal Building
in Oklahoma, killing 169 people, Fletcher made an announcement to the
press: Expect more bombs.

        To date, as a freshman, we have not been able to secure from this House an
opportunity to have hearings on the militia.

        The U.S. Government is comprised of democratic institutions, and any
change to the Government should occur by peaceful means. Americans agree
with that. They believe in the first amendment, the right to freedom of
expression and the right to free association. They do not believe in
Oklahoma City, Pan Am 103, or TWA 800, and yes, they do not believe in the
confrontation of legitimate law enforcement officers by those who would
argue that they have the right to overthrow this Government.

        Several members of the Arizona militia have recently been arrested. Our
militias have repeatedly denounced the legitimacy of the U.S. Government.
Our militia consists of more than 800 groups that are active in more than
40 States.

        This resolution says that Congress resolves to prosecute and identify all
armed conspirators that are brought together to overthrow the Government of
the United States. It resolves that individuals and groups possessing
illegal possession of firearms and explosives should be prosecuted to the
fullest extent of the law by the Department of Justice, and, yes; it
resolves that individuals legally possessing firearms and explosives and
conspiring to destroy the U.S. Government should be prosecuted to the
fullest extent of the law.

        It is important to note that we are not making an issue out of something
that should not be made an issue of. The militia in America are convinced
that American people are being systematically oppressed by an illegal
totalitarian government that is intent of disarming all citizens and
creating one world government. They believe that the time for traditional
political reform over their freedom will be secured by resistance to the
Nation's laws and attacks against its institutions. They are not for
peaceful addressing of their grievances.

        The Patriot press is filled with wild tales of government conspiracies.
Some of the most widespread myths assert that the government is using black
helicopters to spy on its citizens, mustering Hong Kong police officers to
disarm Americans and implanting electronic monitoring devices in newborn
babies.

        Strange, you say. I think it is important for this Congress to unveil, to
disclose all that is being done on behalf of those who would conspire
against the U.S. Government. No, I am not here to cry fire in a crowded
theater, simply asking that we not hide away from the truth.

        A complex and bizarre theology also helps the Patriots explain their
belief and justify their tactics, Patriots as a synonymous name for
militia. Many subscribe to the Identity religion which holds that white
people are God's chosen and that it is their divine duty to battle the
satanic beast of government. Though they have no unified leader, these
Patriots are connected like no rebel force has ever been. On the Internet
and by fax machine, they share their gripes against government and trade
tips on how to avoid tax laws and fight government regulation. Through mail
ordered manuals they learn how to build bombs and conduct surveillance and
disable public utilities. On the weekend in isolated fields they practice
the art of guerrilla warfare. At public meetings their rage is rationalized
by the propaganda of the movement.

        I would simply say that I ask my colleagues to join me in supporting House
Concurrent Resolution 206. Let us unveil for the American people those who
would conspire to overthrow this Government and seriously address this
issue as Americans believing in peace and believing in democracy.

The SPEAKER pro tempore (Mr. Weldon of Florida). Under a previous order of
the House, the gentleman from Florida [Mr. Goss] is recognized for 5 minutes.

[Mr. GOSS addressed the House. His remarks will appear hereafter in the
Extensions of Remarks.]

H.CON.RES.206

SPONSOR: Rep Jackson-Lee, (introduced 08/01/96)
A concurrent resolution expressing the sense of Congress with respect to
the threat to the security of American citizens and the United States
Government posed by armed militia and other paramilitary groups and
organizations.
----
And one American's response...
----