So Apropos....

John blueoval at SGI.NET
Sun Oct 1 19:53:18 MDT 2000

REPUBLICAN KITTENS

Al Gore is out jogging one morning, notices a little boy on the corner with
a box. Curious he runs over to the child and says, "What's in the box kid?"
to which the little boy says, "Kittens, they're brand new kittens."

Al Gore laughs and says, "What kind of kittens are they?" "Democrats," the
child says. "Oh that's cute," Al Gore says and he runs off.

A couple of days later Al Gore is running with his buddy Bill Clinton and
he spies the same boy with his box just ahead. Al Gore says to Bill, "You
gotta check this out" and they both jog over to the boy with the box.

Al Gore says, "Look in the box Bill, isn't that cute? Look at those little
kittens. Hey kid tell my friend Bill what kind of kittens they are."

The boy replies, "They're Republicans."

"Whoa!", Al Gore says, "I came by here the other day and you said they were
Democrats. What's up?"

"Well," the kid says, "Their eyes are open now."