Dubya

Rob Loach deloges at JUNO.COM
Wed Oct 18 04:10:31 MDT 2000

On Wed, 18 Oct 2000 01:09:33 -0400 "Dennis Putnam <dap1 at MINDSPRING.COM>
writes:

> At 12:16 AM 10/18/00 -0400, you wrote:
> >As a teacher, the thing that stood out to me about Dubya in
> >tonight's debate was that he answered the questions. Gore gave some
> >answers -- but not to the questions asked, which for any teacher
> >makes the answer wrong.
>
> The last sentence belies your credentials as a teacher, or at least
> card carrying NEA type. We all know that teachers deplore the
> concept
> of right and wrong. Gore was giving what modern educators would
> call,
> creative answers.

Ah, Dennis, therein lies the rub. Though I very much want to teach my
students to think, I am *not* what you call a "modern educator" in that I
still firmly believe in right and wrong (how intolerant, huh?!) And I
believe in teaching my students right from wrong based on God's
absolutes, the Bible. Knowing what God has said, they are then equipped
to think through what people are telling them to know if it's right or
wrong. What a concept!

When we each stand alone before God some day, He won't accept "creative
answers." He will want to know what we've done with the truth He's
revealed.

Rob Loach    deloges at juno.com    <mailto:deloges at juno.com>
Visit my cartoon page  http://homestead.juno.com/deloges/cellph.html
Lay stepping-stones, not stumbling blocks.

By the way, if you haven't seen the political cartoons at the bottom of
my page listed in my sig line, you're missing one of the best cartoons
I've seen on the ever-evolving AlGore.