THE GIPPER

Fri Oct 20 22:22:18 MDT 2000

"Common sense told us that to preserve the peace, we'd have to become
strong again after years of weakness and confusion.  So, we rebuilt
our defenses, and this New Year we toasted the new peacefulness around
the globe.  Not only have the superpowers actually begun to reduce
their stockpiles of nuclear weapons...but the regional conflicts that
rack the globe are also beginning to cease." --Ronald Reagan