NJ Demz Say "No" To Declaration....

Charlie Darling csdarling at SNET.NET
Tue Oct 24 04:14:49 MDT 2000

>>At 02:25 PM 10/22/00 -0700, /<<someone>>/ wrote:
>>>
>>>You know, I think these are wonderful words, and I believe with all
>>>my heart they are God's own desire.  But I have never been able to
>>>reconcile them with a nation that endorsed slavery for even one
>>>microsecond.  And based on that, I believe there is hypocrisy in
>>>every one of us.

There is ALSO a case here of "hypocracy with hindsight" here - Why aren't
we bleating the liberal refrain here about "The way they were RAISED" and "
The SocIety they LIved In! "  - that for the founding fathers to step
outside their cultural surroundings and DESIGN A COUNTRY where slavery
COULD BE abolished - is a feat most people today fail to grasp....Charlie...