Knight Get's The Axe!

Tue Sep 12 23:00:15 MDT 2000

I think Knight's major flaw was that he had a lack of respect for
authority.  Everyone at IU was willing to forgive him because he won ball
games, was able to graduate a high percentage of his kids and obviously
never broke the rules.  But, there is more to just winning, and what I
feel he failed to do was act in a civil manner while coaching in public.
If he had not the record he had at IU, he would have been gone a long
time ago.  I honestly feel he felt he was God, and was incapable of
errors.  Even after being fired for obvious infractions of his probation
set down on 05/15/00, he was in complete denial that he actually did
anything wrong (does that sound like someone in an oval office that we
know?).  After Knight was fired, the mentally deficient students at IU
basically rioted and showed how mentally challenged they really were.
Athletes were willing to leave the program because Knight was fired...I
say good ridden to anyone who wanted to leave the team, because they were
in the same denial Bobby was.  Bobby was held on a higher pedestal that
God.  In fact, I feel that Knight was revered more than God.  I believe
the trustees were afraid to fire Knight on 05/15/00, for fear of reprisal
from those who give money to the college.  Knight was the Woody Hayes of
basketball.  It was time for him to be set out to pasture.