the piece of paper

Rob Loach deloges at JUNO.COM
Thu Sep 14 16:02:55 MDT 2000

Hi y'all!
I didn't get to see the Lazio-Clinton debate last evening. From what I've
heard today, I'm very proud of Lazio for standing up to the First "Lady"
and for not handling her with kid gloves as she's grown accustomed to
from a softball media.

On Rush today, I heard a reference to a piece of paper that Lazio pulled
out and asked Hillary to sign, but I missed what he was asking her to put
her name to. Could someone please enlighten me on that? From what was
said afterwards, it sounded as if he were asking her to sign an agreement
not to accept campaign funds from non-New Yorkers. I know she would
*NEVER* agree to that one!

BTW, here's a bit of levity for you all about New Yorkers:

***
Four guys were walking down the street: a Saudi, a Russian, a North
Korean, and a New Yorker. A reporter comes running up and says, "Excuse
me, what is your opinion about the meat shortage?"

The Saudi says, "Excuse me, what's a shortage?"

The Russian says, "Excuse me, what's meat?"

The North Korean says, "Excuse me, what's an opinion?"

The New Yorker says, "Excuse me?!? What's excuse me?

***
A shipwreck in the South Pacific has only three survivors who wash ashore
on an island inhabited by cannibals. One of the survivors is a Frenchman.
One is an Englishman. One is a New Yorker.

They are quickly captured by the natives and brought to the village where
the tribal elders announce that the foreigners will be eaten for dinner
and their skins will be used to build a new canoe for the warriors.

As the Frenchman is dragged away, kicking and screaming, he yells, "Vive
la France!"

As the Englishman is dragged away, scratching and clawing, he screams,
"God Save The Queen!"

As the New Yorker is dragged away, he pulls out a switchblade and stabs
himself repeatedly, shouting, "Yer not makin' a canoe outta me!"

***
In New York City it seems that everybody has a "Run, Hillary, Run" bumper
sticker on his car.

Democrats put them on their rear bumpers.

Republicans put them on the front.
***

Rob Loach in Greenville SC   deloges at juno.com
Visit my cartoon page  http://homestead.juno.com/deloges/cartoons.html

After gold medalist Picabo Street returned to the U.S. from the olympics,
one of the greatest honors she received was when her hometown hospital
decided to rename a hospital ward after her. The Intensive Care Unit will
now be called the Picabo ICU.

***
To subscribe to Rob's "instant vacations" send a blank message to
ivman-subscribe at egroups.com <mailto:ivman-subscribe at egroups.com>

To find out more about ivman, to read old iv's, or to subscribe or
unsubscribe go to the group's home page at
http://www.egroups.com/group/ivman