and you thought your kid did something stupid

Jim jnantz at INFICAD.COM
Mon Dec 3 10:10:25 MST 2001

Parents in this country need not feel so embarrassed when their kids do
something stupid.  I guess by now you've heard of John Walker.  He's the
traitor who took up Islam, changed his name and went of to fight with the
Taliban.  He was caught in that prison uprising in Afghanistan we heard
about last week.

I heard this morning that his father was interviewed and he said he was
proud of his son, that he's a nice boy.  I don't know who this idiot works
for if anyone, but if I were his boss he would be unemployed right now.  I
wouldn't want somebody this clueless working for me, representing my
company.

Now there's the question as to what is to be done with John Walker.  If
he's a US citizen he's not subject to the military trials.  If he is
brought to this country for trial, it would make the OJ trial look dull in
comparison.  I would suggest turning him over to the Northern Alliance and
let them have their way with him.