Democrats Against Military Tribunals?

Tue Dec 4 11:10:01 MST 2001

which is more dangerous tribunals or public courts where national
security information must be disclosed or faked to protect sources as
DershoveItz argues was the case with the Rosenburgs?  Which is more
dangerous a conviction in a military tribunal or a public aquittal with a
jury of idiots?

CWSIV

On Fri, 30 Nov 2001 11:23:40 -0700 Jim <jnantz at INFICAD.COM>
Besides if we say it's ok to ignore the rights foreigners have, we're
setting a dangerous precedent.  A Federal thug could arrest you.  When
you say you're a citizen and offer your id and birth certificate as
proof, they simply say these documents are forged and as far as they're
concerned you're a foreigner.  You don't get a lawyer, they can keep you
locked up as long as they want without charging you, try you in secret,
etc.

The people they catch in Afghanistan don't have a right to a trial under
our court system because they've declared war on the US.   They get a
military trial like the Nazis did.