Ex-Chess Champ Turns On America.....

John A. Quayle blueoval at SGI.NET
Thu Dec 6 08:36:31 MST 2001

With Carl Limbacher and NewsMax.com Staff
For the story behind the story...

  Tuesday, Dec. 4, 2001

Bobby Fischer: 'I Want to See the U.S. Wiped Out!'

"Chess master-turned-madman" Bobby Fischer has crawled out of his hole to
praise the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks and rally for the destruction of
America, the New York Post reported today.

Fischer called a pal who hosts a Philippine radio show just hours after
4,000 Americans died and said, "I want to see the U.S. wiped out!" He
ranted that the World Trade Center collapse was "wonderful news," according
to Yahoo! Internet Life magazine.

"The U.S. and Israel have been slaughtering the Palestinians for years,"
Fischer babbled. "Nobody gave a f*&#. Now it is coming back to the U.S.
F*&# the U.S.!"

Though he is half-Jewish, Fischer hates Jews more than anyone. "What I'm
really hoping for is some kind of 'Seven Days in May' scenario, where the
country will be taken over by the military and they'll close down all the
synagogues," he said on the radio show.

'Execute Hundreds of Thousands of Jewish Ringleaders'

"Arrest all the Jews, execute hundreds of thousands of Jewish ringleaders
and, you know, apologize to the Arabs."

And then there was this:

"Nobody has single-handedly done more for the U.S. image than me," he
bragged. "I really believe this. When I won the world championship in 1972,
the United States was, you know, it was a football country, a baseball
country, but nobody thought of it as an intellectual country.

"I turned all that around single-handedly, right? But I was useful then
because it was the Cold War, right? But now ... they want to wipe me out,
steal everything I have, put me in prison."

After losing his title to Fischer, Boris Spassky foresaw: "Now he feels
like a god. He thinks all his problems are over - he will have many
friends, people will love him, history will obey him. But it is not so ...
I am afraid what will happen to him now."

The U.S. government indicted Fischer in 1992, when he ignored sanctions
against Yugoslavia to play a $3.5 million rematch with Spassky, which he
won. Rather than face 10 years in prison, $250,000 in fines and the
confiscation of his prize, Fischer fled to Argentina, to Hungary and later
to Japan.

"He visits various parts of the world wearing disguises," Post chess
columnist Andy Soltis said. "He thinks people are trying to kill him. He
thinks the CIA wants to kill him. He's a real nut."

Read more on this subject in related Hot Topics:

War on Terrorism

A product that might interest you:
Find out the truth about communists in America

<http://www.newsmax.com/images/send.jpg>