Japanese Pilots

wbwhite wbwhite at MADBBS.COM
Sun Dec 9 13:01:57 MST 2001

In the recent movie, the sneak attack at Pearl Harbor looked like shooting
fish in a barrel.  What exempt status should be accorded to soldiers who
strike a people without provocation and without warning?  Being under
orders,  does not always grant soldiers immunity from consequences of
their actions as the post WW II Nuremberg trials demonstrated.  Clearly
these Japanese individuals who so happily shot our people have not been,
nor  apparently will they be, brought to account for their perfidy.   This
immunity must have been worked out at high levels of command.  I don't
like it, however, and I certainly would not welcome them, unrepentant and
unshriven to the memorial.

Bill