Once again, innocent people treated like criminals

Ray Thomas raythomas101 at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Dec 25 09:46:41 MST 2001

Jim:

This item will be in the Dec. 28th edition of "Sierra Times" in "News
Nuggets" (unless you object). If you have no objection to me using your full
name instead of a bunch of xxx's, let me know.

------

<B>TREATING INNOCENT PEOPLE LIKE CRIMINALS:</B> Did you know they made the
other passengers on the plane where the guy tried to blow up his sneakers
(along with everybody else on the plane) sit through ten hours of
questioning and searches? What possible advantage could they get out of
searching the other passengers for ten hours? The bad guy is gone. "It's
time that the government get over this feel good bullsh-t that makes the
idiots of the nation feel better while doing nothing to actually stop the
bad guys. What the hell is the deal with taking people's nail clippers?
These aren't weapons. You can't hurt a fly with them. Right now I'm watching
a scene where people at an airport checkpoint are having to take off their
shoes for the minimum wage burger flippers at the x ray machine. Why in the
hell would anyone want to fly now anyway? [I won't be flying soon, not
because I'm afraid, but because I will not subject myself to this kind of an
indignity. -RT] Here in Phoenix people are having to wait in line <I>three
hours</I> to get searched [It's longer in other places. -RT]. I heard
somebody on a call in show on the radio a few days ago saying it's so bad
that a few days before the caller and his wife went to Las Vegas with some
friends. Before leaving, the caller said he took the other couple to the
airport so they could fly to Vegas. They dropped their friends off at the
door and drove to Las Vegas. They got to their hotel an hour before the
couple who flew there. I haven't looked it up on a map recently but it has
to be over 300 miles from Phoenix to Las Vegas." Kinda makes it unnecessary
to fly, doesn't it? I gotta tell ya folks, what they're doing in the name of
"security" just doesn't make sense. But then, when did a government response
to <I>anything</I> ever make sense? (Source: Jim Xxxxx, a contributor to the
<A HREF="mailto:RUSHTALK at hermes.csdco.com"><I>RushTalk Discussion
List,</I></A> 12/4/2001) [122801-3]

------

By the way: what's the e-mail address to subscribe to the RushTalk List?
It's been so long, I forget.

RAY THOMA$
Free (e.g. un-numbered, unmanaged, unmanageable) individual

------

"THE THOMA$ REPORT"
News and commentary not usually found in the Mainstream media:
http://www.geocities.com/thomasreport

Read my daily and weekly features on "Sierra Times."
Go to: http://www.SierraTimes.com

Check out "Child Protector Watch": News about "Child Protector" abuses:
http://www.angelfire.com/co2/childprotectorwatch

Help stop our dependence on foreign oil while saving money.
http://www.lubedealers.com/thomas.html

------