Horizon HS prom threatend by pc

Daniel Bobke dbobke at HOME.COM
Wed Feb 28 00:02:43 MST 2001

I was a member of the first four-year graduating class of Horizon High
School.  It was a good school when I attended (class of '84), but obviously
something is awry.  This kid needs to tell his dad to drop it, but maybe
they aren't teaching kids to stand up for what is right anymore.  When I was
a student there, the principal (Dr. James Gleason) dealt with such
foolishness quickly.  I remember an incident with a student attempting to
sell drugs in the restroom.  He was gone and never heard from again at our
school as quick as you can say "expulsion".  I remember him getting a lot of
flack, but he was fair and honest as far as I could see.  Probably wouldn't
happen today...

--
Yours in TRUTH, JUSTICE, & FAITH
Dan Bobke

"Truth to a liberal is like Kryptonite to Superman."
--Larry Elder

"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to
teen-age boys."
--P.J. O'Rourke

"The Tenth Commandment (Thou shalt not covet) sends a message to
collectivists, to people who believe wealth is best obtained by
redistribution.  And the message is clear and concise:  Go to hell."
--P.J. O'Rourke

"Only a virtuous people are capable of Freedom.  As a nation becomes corrupt
and vicious, they have more need of masters."
--Benjamin Franklin

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary
--Benjamin Franklin, November 11, 1755