SB XXXVI Final: NE 20 STL 17

Sun Feb 3 20:22:44 MST 2002

What a great finish!  This ball game was decided in the 4th and final
quarter.  On the Pats final drive of the game, TV commentator John Madden
felt like the Pats should have run out the clock and take their chances
in OT.  I was probably thinking the same thing.  That was one gutsy drive
to end the game.  I'm not sure, but the Pats might have been the greatest
underdog to win a SB?  I wonder how much the thumb on Warner's throwing
hand came into play?  Mentally it had to affect his ability to
concentrate.  Da Boys didn't make it to the game, but none the less, it
was a fitting and PATRIOTic (pun intended) end to the season.  This game
was for the more than 3,000  (Minus 19) people who lost their lives on
September 11th, 2001.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!