First Joe Camel now Ronald McDonald

Mon Feb 11 07:01:55 MST 2002

At 06:43 PM 2/10/02 -0700, you wrote:
>Did any of you see tonight's 60 minutes?  They did a story on the fast food
>industry and how they target children for advertising trying to get them to
>eat this unhealthy food.  They brought out all these health nazis who went
>on about the evil corporations and how terrible it is that they're trying
>to boost their profits by trying to get kids to eat fast food.  One of
>these goofballs accused McDonald's of spiking their french fries to make
>them taste better.  The reporter asked him if he's saying McDonald's is
>doing the equivalent of what the tobacco companies are accused of - spiking
>their cigarettes to make them more addictive.  The health nazi said yes.

I think that many big businesses will do whatever it takes - honest or
dishonest - to gain a profit.  Money is the goal, and many in this country
couldn't care less how they get it.  Is McDonald's doing that?  I don't
know, and I don't care.  We don't eat at Fast Food garbage pits, and we
taught our kids not to either.  Sort of just avoids the problem all together.