First Joe Camel now Ronald McDonald

Jim jnantz at INFICAD.COM
Mon Feb 11 13:00:52 MST 2002

At 06:01 AM 2/11/02 -0800, Stephen Frye wrote:
>I think that many big businesses will do whatever it takes - honest or
>dishonest - to gain a profit.  Money is the goal, and many in this country
>couldn't care less how they get it.  Is McDonald's doing that?  I don't
>know, and I don't care.  We don't eat at Fast Food garbage pits, and we
>taught our kids not to either.  Sort of just avoids the problem all together.

What's wrong with McDonald's selling food to kids?  Nothing.  If we're
going to go after McDonald's for selling food to children and for using
advertising directed at children, we should go after toy companies as well.

My point is that the liberals are trying to make people think that a
legitimate business activity (selling food) is somehow a crime.  They
accuse the companies of taking unfair advantage of the little
children.  You did the right thing.  You don't like these places and you
don't let your kids eat there.  You excercise the authority you have as a
parent.  You took care of it yourself instead of sitting back and expecting
government to do the job for you.