First Joe Camel now Ronald McDonald

Jim jnantz at INFICAD.COM
Mon Feb 11 13:08:27 MST 2002

At 10:29 AM 2/11/02 -0800, you wrote:
This was my whole point.  Out of some anatomical location someone (in this
>case a radio host) pulls a statistic that parents are doing a bad
>job.  Sure there are bad ones - as with everything, but I definitely balked
>at the 40% figure.

Last night at the Wal-Mart while in line at the checkout I saw a little
brat all of 4 or 5 years old at a bottled water machine.  His mother called
to him but he ignored her.  She took his arm and started to drag him out
the door.  He started hitting her.  She just kept on dragging him out.  If
I had done that when I was a kid, my mom would have picked me up and warmed
my little rear end to the point that the ride home would have been most
uncomfortable.