Media Bias (Was The Internet Didn't Kill Enron)

Jim jnantz at INFICAD.COM
Sat Feb 16 15:56:18 MST 2002

At 04:42 PM 2/16/02 -0500, Rob wrote:
All I ask is that you treat me no differently than you would the Queen of
>England.
>
>(Interestingly enough, along the same line as my post above, our US media
>let the passing on of the Queen's sister Margaret go basically unreported.
>Since when is the death of royalty not worth mentioning? I suppose she was
>no Lady Di, but she was not just a charwoman in an obscure English village
>either!)
>***

I saw that the US media had reported the death of Margaret, but didn't make
a big deal out of it.

Here's why i thought they didn't say much about it.

Margaret wasn't as well known here as Diana was.  She wasn't the queen,
only her sister.  The Royal family in England isn't just Elizabeth and her
good for nothing children.  There's a whole bunch of them.