vegans busted for starving baby

John A. Quayle blueoval at SGI.NET
Tue May 7 20:07:44 MDT 2002

At 09:49 AM 5/7/2002, Stephen A. Frye wrote:

>Boy am I embarrassed - did it to myself too. I am 12 pounds over, not 120.
>Phew! Great idea - a pig out day!

         Not to worry, Stephen! 12 pounds is negligible................
As for the cholesterol, some people's metabolism seems to produce its own,
which boosts levels to the so-called "dangerous" area. My 80 year-old
mother is a perfect case in point. She weighs 112 lbs (that would be
dripping wet with her entire wardrobe on), is a fanatic about watching her
intake, is (and always has been) far more physically active than I am (she
used to be a physical fitness instructor and lifeguard in her early 20s) -
yet her cholesterol levels have been approaching 300 points. After
witnessing my mother's struggle with high cholesterol, I'm of the opinion
that this number will not be a detriment to one's health unless, there's
some sort of genetic weakness that enables coronary difficulties.

John Q.