vegans busted for starving baby

Thu May 9 13:39:20 MDT 2002

I would worry if she has not had a scanning for cholesterol buildup.  I
had a boss who needed a roto reuter job in his neck veins because of
genetic problems.  If the scan comes up negative then likely there is
genetic protection which is also known.  A neighboors ex husband lived
like a college kid on a weekend for decades and is still alive and well.
so some do get away with it but for your own peace of mind have your
mother get one of these fancy scans.  Good luck on the diet.

CWSIV

On Tue, 7 May 2002 22:07:44 -0400 "John A. Quayle" <blueoval at SGI.NET>
writes:

At 09:49 AM 5/7/2002, Stephen A. Frye wrote:
>Boy am I embarrassed - did it to myself too. I am 12 pounds over, not
120.
>Phew! Great idea - a pig out day!

         Not to worry, Stephen! 12 pounds is negligible................
As for the cholesterol, some people's metabolism seems to produce its
own,
which boosts levels to the so-called "dangerous" area. My 80 year-old
mother is a perfect case in point. She weighs 112 lbs (that would be
dripping wet with her entire wardrobe on), is a fanatic about watching
her
intake, is (and always has been) far more physically active than I am
(she
used to be a physical fitness instructor and lifeguard in her early 20s)
-
yet her cholesterol levels have been approaching 300 points. After
witnessing my mother's struggle with high cholesterol, I'm of the opinion
that this number will not be a detriment to one's health unless, there's
some sort of genetic weakness that enables coronary difficulties.

John Q.