Dancing in the streets

Stephen A. Frye s.frye at VERIZON.NET
Wed Apr 9 13:59:55 MDT 2003

At 12:47 PM 4/9/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>This has to be a dark day for the liberals.  They've been telling us that
>the Iraqi people loved Saddam and wanted him to be their ruler.  Now we see
>the dancing in the streets of Baghdad and the cheering as Marines pull down
>a statue of Saddam.  In recent days chemical weapons have been found and
>Iraqis have reporters and coalition military forces about buildings where
>people were tortured.  As I'm writing this I'm watching people lean into
>vehicles to kiss soldiers.

I agree 100%

And then - on the stupid side - we hear from Amnesty International -
demanding a full investigation into the killing at the hotel.

My opinion - for what it's worth:  If our soldiers were shot at (I don't
care if it was with peas shooters), they should shoot back with deadly
force, without reservation.  If you (generic you) chose to stay in a place
from which shots will be fired - you are taking chances with your life and
should be afforded no special consideration.

Am I too harsh?