Dancing in the streets

John A. Quayle blueoval at SGI.NET
Wed Apr 9 18:02:18 MDT 2003

At 12:47 PM 4/9/2003 -0700, Jim Nantz wrote:

>This has to be a dark day for the liberals.

         Jim, they are vehemently in denial, just like Baghdad Bob. See
below. Apparently Jane Fonda's conversion to Christianity still hasn't
allowed her to properly distinguish between good and evil, as of yet.

>They've been telling us that the Iraqi people loved Saddam and wanted him
>to be their ruler. Now we see the dancing in the streets of Baghdad and
>the cheering as Marines pull down a statue of Saddam.

         I was chuckling at the old fellow walking around calling out that
America "was great". He had a giant headshot of Saddam and was beating it
with a shoe - the ultimate put-down in that culture. While this was going
on, a young man came up and spat on the picture of Saddam - again, another
huge put-down.

>In recent days chemical weapons have been found and Iraqis have reporters
>and coalition military forces about buildings where people were tortured.
>As I'm writing this I'm watching people lean into
>vehicles to kiss soldiers.

         There's a British reporter who has theorized that an M-1 tank did
not fire on the Palestine hotel, since the trajectory was all wrong. He
said that the tank would've had to fire around a corner and the damage
would have been far greater in the room where the now-dead reporters had
been staying. He believes the Iraqi militia fired on the hotel, instead.

Wednesday, April 9, 2003
Jane Fonda: World Hates 'Ignorant' America

         Even as the Iraqi people confound the blame-America-first left by
rejoicing over the U.S.-led defeat of Saddam Hussein, Ted Turner's former
moll "Hanoi" Jane Fonda is telling Canadians that Operation Iraqi Freedom
will make the whole world turn against America.

         "What it's going to mean for our stability as a nation, for
terrorism, for the economy, I can't imagine," the long-ago movie star said
Tuesday at a lecture in P.C. Vancouver, British Columbia. "I think the
entire world is going to be united against us."

'Ignorant of Reality'

         The 65-year-old former actress and college dropout fretted that
"she isn't sure what Americans can do about it," the Associated Press
reported today, and then made this bizarre, grammatically challenged
comment: "I don't know if a country where the people are so ignorant of
reality and
of history, if you can call that a free world."

         An ill-educated, multimillionaire Tinseltown dilettante and
communist apologist accusing others of being "ignorant of reality and history"?