Ultra-Short And Here's The Reminder

John A. Quayle blueoval at SGI.NET
Wed Apr 9 18:21:29 MDT 2003

   © 2003 Rich Martin
     Permission to repost in full, or in part, is granted. In other words,
feel free to forward to a friend or list.

     If you received this from a friend, Rich's Rants can be found on
SlickPlus. For a free subscription, send email
to    RichsRants-subscribe at SmartGroups.com

.                        From the Home of Rich & Peggy Martin

.                'Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves
armed
.                and ready.' - Teddy Roosevelt, 1903

.                                 RICH'S RANTS

         According to the mass media, this war should have been over a long
time ago; perhaps even before it was launched. They say the "plan failed"
because the people of Iraq have not welcomed US as their savior. But the
truth is, for any discerning citizen, this is pure propaganda. No one ever
thought the war would be over in a week or three. That's nuts. How do I
know? Think back; what did they say BEFORE the war? They said they wanted
to launch the attack at the end of January, under cover of a new moon. They
explained January was chosen because they didn't want to have to be
fighting in their bio suits in the hot summer months when it reaches 110
degrees in the desert. They said, and the media reported and since
"forgot", they hoped to "win" in 5 months (Feb, Mar, April, May, June).
Obviously, the generals aren't lying when they say they are executing their
plan better than they could have hoped in their wildest dreams.

         Govt sources say we are bombing the Republic Guard from behind
while our ground forces pummel them from the front. They say the bombing is
necessary to keep them from fading back into Baghdad and melting into the
civilian population. Problem is: They aren't currently in the dessert.
The Guard is dug in at the suburbs of Baghdad, assuring plenty of
collateral damage when attacked. "Friendly Fire, such as when the British
Tornado was taken out by a US Patriot battery, is another type of
collateral damage. The son and brother of the Kurd president of North Iraq
(yes, Saddam is/was not president of all of Iraq) was among 18 victims of
another friendly fire mishap.

         In recent days, we have lost an F-18, Blackhawk & Apache
helicopters and an S-3 carrier prop plane, at least. Make no mistake about
it, we will have to pay for their replacements, even if Bush reduced our
tax load to 0.0%, but can you imagine what the media would be saying had we
lost 100
planes in the Battle for Bahgdad? Consider this, we lost 150 planes at the
Battle of Midway, and that is what became the "turning point of the war in
the Pacific." Have lost our perspective, or what?

         Like many of US, the media is fixated on whether Saddam, is dead
or seriously wounded? Both sides have a vested interest to deny rumors such
as the one claiming he died in a hospital as a result of wounds inflicted
in Operation Decapitation. Based what I see reported on TV, I suspect many
in the mass media have a different, more enlightened opinion. With that
said, it sure is a shame that the Israel-style assassination wasn't
successful. Like most Americans, I hope he's dead and fear he's not.

         A so-called news reporter on FOX TV claimed that Iraqi's were
arming children as young as 10 (ten) to shoot coalition forces. C'mon now,
nobody's that stupid. They'd be better off giving the gun to a 60-year-old
grandmother. At least she'd know which way to point it.

         Let's see if I got this right. Civilians are taking pot shots at
passing Apache helicopters and THEY are terrorists. Civilians, or
para-military dressed as civilians, pretend to surrender, to set a trap for
the invading army, and THEY are terrorists. How can anyone, military or
otherwise, be a terrorist when he's attacking an Abrams tank? When the
Secty of War, er, Defense parses the English language to make such false
accusations, he is being disingenuous.

         We act shocked and awed to hear Saddam orders his officers to
shoot troops (and reportedly fleeing civilians which we say we can't
distinguish from military), trying to surrender. Huh? All armies, from the
French Foreign Legion to the modern armies of today, shoot deserters
without contacting a JAG officer.

         It was a pleasant surprise to find out that Jessica Lynch was
having her wounds tended to in an Iraqi hospital. It wasn't surprising to
find out they were not gun and knife wounds, as first reported. I was
horrified to think they were going to amputate her leg because of a broken
ankle. Where the news ends and the propaganda begins, is anyone's guess.

         Some callers to radio shows are rightfully questioning Lynch's
hero status. What did she do that was so heroic but involuntarily endure
the pain inflicted by her vile captors? Certainly, she has nothing in
common with real war heroes like Sgt York or Audie Murphy, who did the
capturing. She's more like the Senator from Arizona who suffered the same
fate. More accurately, the heroes in this case were the Iraqi lawyer (wow,
a lawyer with a heart) who told the Seals & Rangers where to find
the "damsel in distress". Make the Iraqi lawyer a hero and an honorary
American & may God bless Jessica.

.                                             HUMAN SHIELDS

         I could be wrong about this, but it seems to that the "human
shields" psychosis is nature's way of cleaning up the gene pool.

.                                         HERE THEY GO AGAIN

         According to Secty Donald Rumsfeld, etal, Saddam is able to move
thru the tunnels that honeycomb the city. Last time the feds made a charge
of that type, they were  attacking Mount Carmel. Why do they think we'll
believe them this time?

.                                        FATHER OF TERRORISM?

         Ever since George Washington refused to meet Cornwallis in the
open battlefield, the number of civilian casualties in war has grown.
They've grown so much, we invented a new term to lessen the psychological
impact: "collateral damage".
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/1049413227648_10/?hub=SpecialEvent3

.                                                      POWs

         Our mistreatment of prisoners held at Guantanamo is coming back to
haunt US. Our leaders have forsaken the high ground and succumbed to the
temptation to use torture to elicit much needed intelligence. What did they
call them, illegal battlefield combatants without rights to be treated
humanely in accordance with the Geneva Convention? We want to have it both
ways.

.                                                    AIRLINES

         Fort Worth's largest employer, American Airlines, is in danger of
following United into bankruptcy. To their credit, the employees have
agreed to take a sharp cut in pay in exchange for 23% of the stock in the
near worthless airline. Under the agreement, thousands will be "furloughed"
as the airline shrinks to match the demand for their services. Even CEO
Carty chipped in with 1/3 of his salary and offered to forgo his bonus for
the 3rd year in a row. The choice management & unions
had was to cut costs as they see best now, or wait until a bankruptcy judge
cuts cost as he/she sees best.

.                        CORPORATE WELFARE

         All too often, our govt leaders think they can improve on our
competitive supply-and-demand market place. Congress has decided to sweeten
the generous pot the prez wants to give the airlines to maintain the status
quo. Given a choice to take, or not take $3 bil from the people and give it
to airline investors, they chose the latter. IMHO, if we're going to give
them $3,000,000,000, they should at least give US $3,000,000,000 of their
stock.

.                                                 TEXAS BB

         Texas Tech's basketball coach, Bobby Knight (isn't that fun to
say), has refused to accept his $250K salary this year because his team did
not live up to his expectations. It's nice to know that there are still a
few people in our colleges that teach their students the meaning of honor.
(FYI, while the Red Raiders did not earn a slot in the NCAA, they did get
an invitation to the NIT.)

.                                           HIDDEN TAXES

         A few short years ago, a Dallas City Councilman apologized for his
vote increasing the fine on speeding tickets to $100. It was the first time
in his political career, he said, that he voted to increase a fine for the
sole purpose of increasing govt revenue. Well, today the great state of
Texas is faced with a $10 bil budget deficit, and one of their solutions is
to fine dummies who turn on the windshield wipers with their lights off
$200! Whatever happened to common sense? Whatever happened to the
punishment should fit the crime? Can you say Draconian?

.                                                 K-MART

         We were picking the bones of the former #1 national retailer (this
is K-Mart's last week in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex) when I spied a
very good looking Sony DVD, but I immediately got suspicious. Not only was
it attractively priced, it had that cute paunchy Panda-bear look. Sure
enough, it was made in China, just like the GE appliance we looked at earlier.

.                                       COPS HAVE IMMUNITY

         Recently reported on these pages was a story about a couple of
cops who falsely accused, and testified in court vs dozens of people,
mostly immigrants, and are yet unpunished. Apparently they have a similar
problem in the Texas Panhandle where an exuberant cop did the same. This
guy targeted blacks, instead of immigrants and he did it for power/ego
purposes and not money, as in the Dallas case. The prosecutors have
requested that 38 convictions, including those that confessed, be thrown
out. They have also recommended that the tax payers pony up a quarter of a
million dollars to compensate the cop's victims, but no charges have been
brought Vs the perp---just like in Dallas.

.                                             REMEMBER WHEN...

         ...a couple with 2.3 children could live on one paycheck---and the
govt gave them a tax break because they were married to each other!

.                   THINGS THAT MAKE YOU GO, Hmmm in the night

         We say we went to the Mideast to bring Democracy to the region,
but the last time a monarchy fell, the USG moved Heaven and Hell to restore
it. The 800,000 members of the Kuwati Royal Family have since imported
another 2,000,000 workers bees, er, visitors, to replace the old workforce
they deported to the land of their ancestors. Hmmm.

         Things you can't say aloud---because the answer might scare you.

         What if  Geo Bush's critics are right and Iraq is declared an
illegal war in a NWO court and the UN orders US to pay restitution again,
like we had to for Clinton's misadventures blowing up the aspirin factory
and the Chinese Embassy in Belgrade?
--

RELATED LINKS

Latest Dixie Chick Release; "Dixie Duo" Saddam & Maines:
http://www.gijargon.com/imagesmembers/DixieDuo.jpg

Canadian Frigate intercepts Iraqi oil shipment
http://www.satirewire.com/news/feb02/warship.shtml

The Asian Times
http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/ED04Ak01.html

Australia news
http://www.wsws.org/articles/2003/apr2003/stud-a05_prn.shtml

The way things were.
Reprint from March 14, 2000, B/4 911, The Lone Ranger
http://slickplus.spunge.org/list/200003/msg00002.html

Real Estate for Sale
www.by2kok.com

            YOUR AD HERE
       Advertise your website here
       $10/month, 3 mos for $25.
       (Co-op deals available)

     Send your check to:
     Rich Martin
     9412 Carson Ranch Road
     Ft Worth, TX  76036

          The Boy Scouts aren't the only target of screwball
     liberals here's another example of their treachery.
.                    www.marchofcrimes.com/

.                    The Boy Scouts of America
.                    National HQ
.                    1329 Walnut Hill Ln
.                    Irving, TX 75162
.                    (972) 580-2263
.

.                     THE TRUTH IS...

.      A. Powerful.             C. In the eye of the beholder.
.      B. Irrelevant.             D. All of the above.

Announcing the newest member to the Slick Family. SlickMisc2 is designed
to report on one of the most important, and unreported issues facing our
country, immigration. If you're interested in sampling the list, send an
email to RichSlick at juno.com with "JOIN MISC2" in the subject.
Warning:
you will receive 2 very comprehensive emails daily.

If you would like to participate, we have several discussion lists you
are welcome to join. The Slick Response list is for readers to comment
pro or con on anything appearing in this and any other Slick List.
.               join-Slick-R at lists.spunge.org

     "USAttacked" is aimed at everything from WTC to Homeland
     Security.  http://www.topica.com/lists/USAttacked/

     Bob James moderates an open topic discussion list at
                http://www.topica.com/lists/Slick-D/

     And no eZine would be complete without a Joke List.
     For 2 jokes a week go to:
          http://www.topica.com/lists/PoliticalHumor/read

     FYI. This issue is being archived at:
          http://slickplus.spunge.org/list/

     Subscribers to this list are welcome to post
     their resume on RichResumes absolutely FREE.
     To Join: send an email to
          Rich.Resumes-subscribe at topica.com
          To Post: send email to Rich.Resumes at topica.com
     Be a pal, pass this URL along to any potential employers.

     Check out the SlickMisc Archive at
     http://slickmisc.spunge.org/list/

.              - - - - That's all folks - - - -