Dancing in the streets

Stephen A. Frye s.frye at VERIZON.NET
Thu Apr 10 06:28:39 MDT 2003

At 09:57 PM 4/9/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>Rush was playing what Cristian Amonpour (sp?) was saying.
>
>She said that basically the question had to be raised as to whether we
>replied back with the appropriate force.
>
>I say, the Iraqis in the hotel shot at us with what they had, probably an
>AK47, and we replied back with what we had, a TANK.
>
>F'EM.
>
>Jose

I have to agree with the philosophy adopted for Desert Storm -the only
acceptable force is overwhelming force.  War is a horror, and when war is
necessary, it MUST be played to win.  We saw what happens under a different
philosophy in Vietnam.

If someone pulls a 4 inch knife and threatens the life of one of my
children, I would be most happy to respond with a 12-gauge shotgun, or a
.357.  I would not feel obliged to reply with the appropriate response of a
similar knife.  It should be absolutely no different for our troops.