"We Had No Choice" - CNN

Wed Apr 16 12:25:42 MDT 2003

Seems like excuses.  They did not have to report the news publically but
at least they should have come to the president or the CIA and given the
truth to them.  Knowing kLIEton nothing would have been done but at least
the evidence could be used diplomatically.

CWSIV

On Mon, 14 Apr 2003 08:16:53 -0400 "John A. Quayle" <blueoval at SGI.NET>

The News We Kept to Ourselves
By EASON JORDAN

ATLANTA Over the last dozen years I made 13 trips to Baghdad to
lobby the government to keep CNN's Baghdad bureau open and to arrange
interviews with Iraqi leaders. Each time I visited, I became more
distressed by what I saw and heard awful things that could not be
reported
because doing so would have jeopardized the lives of Iraqis, particularly
those on our Baghdad staff.

For example, in the mid-1990's one of our Iraqi cameramen was abducted.
For
weeks he was beaten and subjected to electroshock torture in the basement
of a secret police headquarters because he refused to confirm the