These People Need Something To Do With Themselves.....

J o s e jrojas at MINDSPRING.COM
Thu Apr 24 21:16:29 MDT 2003

This kind of story pisses me off. They know very well that what they propose
will not happen. They make these outlandish requests/claims/commercials to
get publicity and in people writing about it and how stupid their acts are,
they fall into their trap. We are giving them the publicity they want.

F'em.
-----------------------------------
http://www.TheRightWing.com

----- Original Message -----
From: "John A. Quayle" <blueoval at SGI.NET>
To: <RUSHTALK at hermes.csdco.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2003 3:06 PM
Subject: These People Need Something To Do With Themselves.....

HAMBURG, N.Y. -- A national animal rights group has offered Hamburg
officials $15,000 to change the town's name to Veggieburg.

"The town's name conjures up visions of unhealthy patties of ground-up dead
cows," said Joe Haptas, spokesman of People for the Ethical Treatment of
Animals, or PETA, in a letter faxed Monday to Hamburg Supervisor Patrick
Hoak.

PETA offered to supply area schools with $15,000 worth of non-meat patties
for the name change.

"Our offer is serious as a heart attack," Haptas said.

Hoak immediately declined.

"With all due respect, I think it's a delicacy in our community," he said
about hamburgers. "We're proud of our name and proud of our heritage."

The Buffalo suburb, named Hamburg since 1812, claims to be the birth place
of the American culinary staple. Hamburg commemorates the birth of
hamburgers at the annual Burgerfest.

In 1996, PETA proposed that the Hudson Valley town of Fishkill change its
centuries-old name to Fishsave, since the group believed the name conjured
up violent imagery of dead fish.

The town was named by Dutch settlers in the early 1600s. "Kill" is the
Dutch word for "stream."

<http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/wire/sns-ap-peta-town,0,6332103.sto
ry?coll=sns%2Dap%2Dnationworld%2Dheadlines>http://www.newsday.com/news/natio