They Nailed It!

John A. Quayle blueoval at SGI.NET
Sun Apr 27 19:38:35 MDT 2003

At 04:34 PM 4/27/2003 -0700, Stephen A. Frye wrote:

>Very Interesting. Didn't we have a president who was an actor?

         Stephen the qualified answer is that the 20th century brought many
actors to the Oval Office - all but one were small-time theatre wannabes,
guilty of trying to act like a President. OTOH, there was one legitimate
actor, a great and principled communicator who made it okay to American
again (remember the Kenny Rogers song, "The Pride Is Back: Born In
America"?) after four years of anti-American policy. We know that lone,
legitimate actor was Ronald Reagan.

         Are you suggesting that GWB is somehow Academy Award material?

John Q.