Turn The Other Cheek?

MC Spearing yuramac at YAHOO.COM
Sun Feb 16 11:55:10 MST 2003

Well, at least part of it IS about oil.  The French are said to have 50 - 60 billion wrapped entangled in oil deals with Saddam.  That, and the fact that we'll find their hands to be really dirty in other more insidious Iraqi dealings, is part of what drives them ... and the Germans, as well.

MCS

 "Stephen A. Frye" <s.frye at VERIZON.NET> wrote:>Yes, because they are just making themselves irrelevant. What they and/or
>the UN ultimately decides will have no bearing on our ousting of Sadam. If
>the UN fails to enforce Resolution 1441 they will never be able to enforce
>any resolution again. If the UN is not irrelevant now it surely will be
>after Iraq. They will all come on-board after Iraq is liberated. France is
>shaking in their boots as they will lose billions in contracts with Iraq.
>My gut tells me they really fear, along with Germany, what we might find
>about their illegal trading with Sadam. Opponents in the US like to claim
>this war is all about oil (that's why we support Israel who has none).
>Well, as far as France is concerned their opposition is all about oil.

The liberal claim that this is abut oil is so stupid. Beyond that it is
shallow. I still don't totally buy into this administration's reasons for
the war, but I know it is *not* for oil. It's strange - so many liberals
think that anything that is related to oil is evil - e.g. Bush. But they
drive their cars, travel the globe in airplanes, heat their homes -
etc. Seems a tad hypocritical.

- Remember Shiri Negari - http://www.shiri.us/