Jesica Santillan

Jim Nantz jnantz2 at GETNET.NET
Mon Feb 24 10:45:02 MST 2003

At 10:48 AM 2/24/2003 -0500, you wrote:

>         Not to mention that the taxpayers of Tennessee will be covering
> the costs of both transplants. There also is litigation very likely.

Why would taxpayers in Tennessee be held responsible for paying for this?
This disaster happened at Duke medical center.  This is part of Duke
University.  That's in North Carolina.  Besides, foxnews.com  mentioned
that the surgery was paid for by private donations.  They mentioned the
charity set up to pay for it.

>         Jose is here legally and he's a right to be upset.

SNIP

>         Understood. However, Sue, your youngest was a legal citizen and
> you broke no laws in getting her treatment, correct?

SNIP

>         I'm sure you wouldn't have resorted to becoming a

John you know as well as I do that you would do the same thing this family
did.  You would have entered a country illegally if you thought that was
what you had to do to get life saving medical care for one of your
kids.  If you wouldn't, that would show you to be an unfit parent.