???

John A. Quayle blueoval at SGI.NET
Mon Feb 24 12:01:49 MST 2003

At 11:13 AM 2/24/2003 -0700, Jim Nantz wrote:

>This morning I read several emails from people complaining that Jesica
>Santillan's family is here illegally. What do think they should have done?
>Wait for their daughter to die in Mexico while the approval process for
>their visas goes through the bureaucracy? They did what any decent parents
>would do. They took their daughter to a place where they thought she would
>get the best medical care possible. Any parent who loves their children
>would do the same if they had to. If I had a kid and he was in need of
>medical care that I couldn't get locally, I would take him into a foreign
>country illegally if that's what it would take to get him to a doctor who
>could help him. What kind of cold, unfeeling people are there on this list
>that would condemn Jesica's family for trying to save their daughter's life?

         Jim, you missed the point that I  originally was trying to make
and that was how did an illegal immigrant get to the top of a waiting
list?!? That they've been here for five years illegally is a whole 'nother
thang. The fact remains that these people had to have some insider "pull"
to be catapulted ahead of legal (but sick) residents of this country. Am I
clear?

John Q.