???

Tue Feb 25 11:17:27 MST 2003

Its possible they were voting democrat and perhaps fundraisers thus they
bought their way on to the list.  If not I figure the hospital should
send the bill to the Mexican embassy.

CWSIV

On Mon, 24 Feb 2003 14:01:49 -0500 "John A. Quayle" <blueoval at SGI.NET>

        >At 11:13 AM 2/24/2003 -0700, Jim Nantz wrote:
        >This morning I read several emails from people complaining that
Jesica
        >Santillan's family is here illegally. What do think they should
have done?
        >Wait for their daughter to die in Mexico while the approval
process for
        >their visas goes through the bureaucracy? They did what any
decent parents
        >would do. They took their daughter to a place where they thought
she would
        >get the best medical care possible. Any parent who loves their
children
        >would do the same if they had to. If I had a kid and he was in
need of
        >medical care that I couldn't get locally, I would take him into
a foreign
        >country illegally if that's what it would take to get him to a
doctor who
        >could help him. What kind of cold, unfeeling people are there on
this list
        >that would condemn Jesica's family for trying to save their
daughter's life?

Jim, you missed the point that I  originally was trying to make
and that was how did an illegal immigrant get to the top of a waiting
list?!? That they've been here for five years illegally is a whole
'nother
thang. The fact remains that these people had to have some insider "pull"
to be catapulted ahead of legal (but sick) residents of this country. Am
clear?

John Q.