American Intelligence?

Stephen A. Frye s.frye at VERIZON.NET
Tue Jul 1 15:29:23 MDT 2003

>     The CIA knows what it knows and but it has flaws and is not prescient.
>Someone has to make calls based on available information.  This is what
>leaders are for.  There is an upside and a downside to this reality.  For my
>part, I believe we did the right thing to go into Iraq, and we are doing the
>right thing to see it through.

We probably did the right thing.  We have no reasonable choice but to see
it through.

Now Liberia wants troops - and "W" is considering.

Ah well - yes, as you say, that's what leaders are for.

I do admit the ones we have are far better than what we had, and even far
better than what we might have had.  But that, in itself, isn't
much.  Maybe someday.