American Intelligence?

Stephen A. Frye s.frye at VERIZON.NET
Tue Jul 1 20:59:36 MDT 2003

>After 12 years of UN inspections everyone in the world was yelling, "more
>time, more time." Now, after 12 weeks of the US liberation if Iraq everyone
>is yelling, "too much time, too much time." Are you seeing the hypocrisy yet?

Of course I see it.  But I thank you for pointing it out just the same.

But then I do have a question.  If the CIA was so gutted by Clinton, and it
was so inept, then why do we ever believe them.  Based on this, you support
my point quite well.  The CIA was gutted, they were inept, so Mr. Bush,
contrary to really having new, reliable intelligence, was acting solely on
what we already knew.

Even that is OK.  Like I said, over, and over, and over, and over, and over
- I have never questioned the presence of the weapons.  I only question the
accuracy of the Intelligence reports.

For a few seconds, I will give Bush the benefit of the doubt and assume he
invaded Iraq truly because of these weapons.  In that case, did he have
new, reliable intelligence - as he and the whole administration
announced.  Or was he invading solely on what we all claim to have known
all along?

If the CIA was as incapable as you cite, surely Mr. Bush would have known,
and that makes the latter true.

> >Water under the bridge. Veni, vidi, vici.  Who's next?  Only "W" knows for
> >sure.
>
>Nope. Still hunting for a needle in a haystack where we don't even know
>what the needle looks like. You're way off the mark on this one, Stephen.

I don't think so.  I truly believe that Mr. Bush was itching for a
fight.  Iraq was handy and could be explained.  I just hope the itch has
been scratched for good.

As far as Korea goes - I hope we don't give in a millimeter.  In fact, I
think we should pull every one of our troops out of South Korea.  We should
tell North Korea that they don't get a dime until they comply - and maybe
not even then. We should further tell them that if they want to take this
merciless action, they should go ahead.  And then within the same micro
second, we will counter attack with such previously unwitnessed force that
North Korea - as a place - will cease to exist.  And furthermore, we will
do this from the comfort of our living rooms.