Oreo

Fri Jul 4 23:27:46 MDT 2003

Only in California.  At least they might dump Davis and show other states
how to remove democRATs.

CWSIV

On Wed, 2 Jul 2003 18:31:48 -0700 "Stephen A. Frye" <s.frye at VERIZON.NET>
I haven't read anything about it, but I heard that the Oreo suit is back
on.  I also heard and read that Kraft is reducing portion sizes in order
avoid law suits.

Hmmm - someone eats too much or eats unhealthy - and it's the food's
fault,
or the vendor's fault.  And there's always some attorney ready to grab
the
case for part of the bucks.

People can sue Oreo's, Kraft. McDonalds, or whomever all they want.  When
the dust settles, they'll still be fat.

It's like smokers suing the tobacco industry.  I smoked for 20 years -
quit
17 years ago.  Not for one instant during that 20 years did I ever not
know
that smoking was probably very harmful.  I think back, and I can't
remember
a single instance where anyone forced me to smoke.

I wonder how many people in this country - specificaally those who are
suing - were ever forced to eat an Oreo - or 20, or to eat a large
portion
of Kraft Mac n Cheese, or to eat at a fast food restaurant.  Maybe I
missed
those headlines:  Man forced to eat three Big Mac's.  Woman help up at
gun
point and made to eat Oreo's.