American Intelligence?

Stephen A. Frye s.frye at VERIZON.NET
Sun Jul 6 15:38:50 MDT 2003

At 04:49 PM 7/6/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>     Thanks, we had a great 4th.   The village was lined with flags.  Part of
>main street was closed to autos.   Sidewalk vendors were in full force. The
>restaurants offered sidewalk cafe service.  There was a huge chicken
>barbecue.   After the 10K run through the village and cheering from the
>sidelines and the many lawn parties, bands played on the tennis courts until
>dark, at which time about 30 minutes of glorious fireworks ensued.  Almost
>everyone wore a big smile and some emblem of American pride.  It was a
>wonderful celebration.

10K runs seem to be common on the fourth.  I ran, but it was hot.  Most of
the time when I run I don't start worrying too much about hydration until
my target is 12 or 13 miles or more.  During the 10K this morning , I
started drinking at mile 3.

We (city) used to have a great picnic on the 4th.  This year they moved it
to a new park, and the parking couldn't handle the crowd, so I think a lot
of people left disappointed.

We usually watch the fireworks at Disneyland, but my wife is on crutches
this year so that was out.  We settled for dinner out.  I cook OK, but I
don't BBQ very well.