older drivers

Jim Nantz jnantz2 at GETNET.NET
Thu Jul 17 15:09:01 MDT 2003

At 01:50 PM 7/17/2003 -0700, Stephen Frye wrote:
>The movie "Wild in the Streets" had it right.  Old people should be out
>into camps where they can't hurt themselves or anyone else.  I think in
>that movie they fed the LSD, too.

You're right.  There should be no restrictions on old people driving.  We
should let the 80 and 90 year olds who can't see well enough to drive or
who are otherwise not capable of driving keep their licenses.  After all
we're restricting their rights.  They have a right to drive when
they  can't see where they're going or when their minds have gone downhill
so far they don't know what the hell they're doing.  Stephen would you feel
differently if one of your friends or loved ones had been killed by this guy?

>A co-worker just had a fatal heart attack - at 42.  He should probably have
>been in that camp, too.

Whatever you say.