WS>>(1)GOVERNMENT TERRORISM - From Ruby Ridge To Waco And Beyond

carl william spitzer iv cwsiv_2nd at JUNO.COM
Fri Jul 18 12:55:10 MDT 2003

          The Washington Weekly
          By Edward Zehr

          Last week the Wall Street Journal published an  article
     by  Dorothy Rabinowitz which summarizes the Wenatchee  witch
     hunts, a series of lunatic persecutions that occurred in the
     state  of Washington around the middle of the  decade.  Com-
     pared  to what happened at Wenatchee the Salem witch  trials
     seem  almost a model of evenhanded jurisprudence. Of the  19
     people convicted of "child molestation" in this outbreak  of
     mass  psychosis,  eight have already had  their  convictions
     reversed  on  appeal.  Referring to  the  testimony  of  the
     state's  star witnesses in one of the cases, Whitman  County
     Superior Court Judge Wallis Friel, who had been appointed in
     1998  by a state appeals court to look into the  conduct  of
     the investigation, remarked that "no rational trier of  fact
     would believe these allegations."

          That  is  putting it mildly. Compared  to  the  bizarre
     fantasies  hatched  in  the sick, twisted  minds  of  social
     workers employed by the state's Child "Protective"  Service,
     all those tales of witch's Sabbaths, broomstick-riding, etc.
     seem relatively mundane. The methods used by the prosecution
     at  Wenatchee  are remarkably similar to those used  in  the
     Salem  trials,  however. An arrogant, hysterical  clique  of
     mentally-ill adults bullied a bunch of defenseless  children
     into giving false testimony against victims who seem to have
     been  selected  for  their inability  to  defend  themselves
     effectively. One of the defendants at Wenatchee could barely
     speak English.

          But, of course, this was a local matter. What has it to
     do  with  Ruby Ridge or Waco? Well, for one thing, it  is  a
     product  of  the same sick society in which all of  us  must
     live,  and  to which any of us could fall victim.  And,  for
     another  thing, it was made possible by a  "justice"  system
     that has been shaped by law enforcement, prosecutors and the
     courts for their own convenience, a system in which perjured
     testimony is routinely coerced by the state with threats  of
     Draconian  sentences.  That is what set the  stage  for  the
     tragedy at Ruby Ridge.

          But  hanging  over  it all is the  poisonous  smoke  of
     Political Correctness.  Earlier, "child abuse" had been  one
     of  the preferred evils of the PC crowd that  dominates  the
     academic scene in this country. The absolute fanaticism  and
     hate-twisted  irrationality with which the products of  this
     indoctrination system set out to exorcise their demons  once
     they  had been turned loose on society and wormed their  way
     into  petty positions of power is a measure of the  sickness
     that pervades our institutions of higher "learning." This is
     one of the factors that produced the Waco holocaust.

          Ruby Ridge Revisited

          Following  the  Republican sweep in  the  congressional
     election  of    1994, conservative activist Jerry  Pournelle
     asked  Newt Gingrich, with whom he had "worked  closely  for
     more than a decade," about the Waco massacre, which he  said
     would  "haunt  America until the truth, however  ugly,  came
     out."  Newt  brushed him off, indicating that  he  had  more
     important  things on his mind. Well, now Newt is  gone,  but
     Waco  remains,  burning deeper into the  conscience  of  the
     nation (such as it is) than ever before.

          The longer Waco remains an issue, the more the disturb-
     ing  facts that are bound to come to light. One of the  more
     appalling details that emerged from the shadows recently  is
     a  relationship  between Waco and the  slaughter  that  took
     place at Ruby Ridge, where a mother was shot to death by  an
     FBI sniper in her own home while holding a baby in her arms.
     The  incident  was shrugged off by the agency  as  a  minor,
     somewhat  unfortunate "accident." But now we are  told  that
     the  FBI  commander  at Waco, Richard Rogers,  was  also  in
     command  at  Ruby Ridge. And the FBI's  paid  assassin,  Lon
     Horiuchi, was there as well. It would seem that the FBI took
     Ruby  Ridge very lightly indeed.  Nobody of any  consequence
     was hurt -- some "white trash" were eliminated, that's  all.
     The  militarized  federal agents were  merely  "doing  their
     job," policing up the area. On to Waco.

          At  the  time of the Waco holocaust few were  aware  of
     what had happened at Ruby Ridge. Pournelle comments:

          "This puts things in a far more sinister  perspec-
          tive. Not only do we have the man who changed  the
          rules  of engagement from return fire to shoot  on
          sight,  but  we have with him, in  a  position  of
          authority,  armed  with armed  subordinates,  West
          Point graduate Horiuchi, the man willing to  carry
          out the shoot on sight order."

          The  point he is making here is that the rules  of  en-
     gagement  had    formerly prohibited FBI agents from  firing
     at  suspects  unless their lives were in danger.  The  rules
     were  relaxed at Ruby Ridge to permit the shooting of  these
     "white  separatists" in cold blood, even though the  Supreme
     Court  had previously ruled this to be unconstitutional.  No
     doubt  the PC power elite approved of the revised rules,  if
     only  off the record.  After all, had they not been  telling
     us  what devils these "extremists" are? They are  "racists."
     They  belong to "hate groups." Na ja,  recht  untermenschen,
     was?  Small  wonder Mr. Horiuchi and  the  federal  marshals
     leaped at the opportunity to mow them down. Some time ago  a
     "conservative"  columnist  --  I forget which  one  --  wept
     copious  crocodile tears over the cruel opprobrium to  which
     Mr.  Horiuchi, the West Point grad turned hit man, had  been
     subjected  once word got around that he had blown Mrs.  Wea-
     ver's  brains  out, suggesting that he is a  person  of  ex-
     quisite  sensitivity. You can sort of twig that he  was  all
     torn  up  about it from the way he jumped at the  chance  to
     augment his body count at Waco.

          The  state  of Idaho brought  involuntary  manslaughter
     charges  against Horiuchi for killing Vicki Weaver, only  to
     have them dismissed by a federal court. (He was only follow-
     ing orders). Given what had happened at Ruby Ridge, Pournell
     asks  why  Rogers and Horiuchi were at Waco. After  all,  he
     points  out, "they were already responsible for one  of  the
     most  shocking  incidents since  Reconstruction."  Pournelle
     avers  that  he does not really believe that agents  of  the
     U.S.  government would massacre women and children en  masse
     at  Waco, and yet, says he, if such a thing  happened  these
     are the very people you would expect to be in charge.

          The  Ruby Ridge tragedy unfolded in August of  1992  as
     the result of an attempt by the BATF to coerce Randy  Weaver
     into becoming an informant.  Weaver was entrapped by a  BATF
     undercover  agent  who  offered to buy a  shotgun  from  him
     provided  that he would saw off the barrel to slightly  less
     than  legal length. Being desperately poor, with a wife  and
     family  to support, and badly needing the money the sale  of
     the  weapon  would bring him, Weaver complied with  the  re-
     quest.  He was promptly charged with a  firearms  violation,
     obviously intended to entrap Weaver and force him to  comply
     with the demand that he become an informant for the  agency.
     Weaver  refused  to do so. "For that, he  was  treated  like
     Saddam  Hussein," Sen.  Charles Grassley, (R-Iowa)  observed
     at Senate hearings on the incident.

          When  Weaver  failed to appear in court to  answer  the
     firearms  charge  a  team of trained marksmen  was  sent  to
     arrest  him on the small, isolated plot of land in  Northern
     Idaho where he lived with his family in a small cabin.  But,
     according  to  a December 1995 report in  Midwest  Today,  a
     deputy  court  clerk testified that he  had  informed  Idaho
     Judge  Harold  Ryan that the date on  Weaver's  summons  was
     erroneous. However, the judge simply ignored him and  signed
     a  bench warrant for Weaver's arrest, despite the fact  that
     the summons ordered Weaver to appear six days later. Clearly
     the fix was in.

          According  to Weaver's attorney, Gerry Spence,  writing
     in his book, "From Freedom To Slavery, The Rebirth Of Tyran-
     ny  In  America," the agents arrived  at  Weaver's  property
     heavily armed, wearing camouflage suits. "They gave Randy no
     warning  of their coming. They came without a warrant.  They
     never identified themselves."

          The  intruders were first noticed by the  family  dogs.
     Alerted  by    their barking, Randy Weaver,  accompanied  by
     family friend Kevin Harris, and his 14-year-old son,  Sammy,
     went to investigate. They all carried guns, as is common  in
     that  part of the country. The countryside is still  untamed
     and  it is not unusual to run across wild animals,  such  as
     bears.  One  of the government agents, U.S.  Marshal  Arthur
     Roderick, promptly shot the family's dog, Striker, who  gave
     out  a yelp, attracting Sammy to the scene just in  time  to
     see  the  dog, which had been shot in  the  spine,  dragging
     itself around with its front legs, shrieking in pain  before
     falling  over dead. Presumably shocked by what he  had  just
     seen,  the boy fired off a wild shot, whereupon one  of  the
     agents  shot  him in the arm, nearly blowing it  off.  Sammy
     turned and started to flee, screaming with pain, but one  of
     the  still unidentified agents shot him in the back  with  a
     submachine gun, killing him.

          When  Kevin  Harris, who had seen the dog  being  shot,
     next  witnessed  Weaver's son being shot in the back  as  he
     turned and ran, he fired off a shot in the direction of  the
     still  unidentified intruders, killing one of them,  marshal
     William Degan, who was concealed in the woods with  marshals
     Roderick  and Larry Cooper. The evidence  clearly  indicated
     that  all three agents had fired at the Weavers and  Harris.
     Harris  later  said he had assumed that if he  attempted  to
     flee,  he too would be shot in the back. The federal  agents
     ran  for cover, giving Harris a chance to slip away  to  the
     Weaver cabin.

          The intruders, who were all federal marshals, appear to
     have  fled the scene in panic after Degan had been shot.  In
     their  frantic  calls  for assistance  they  reported  being
     pinned  down and fired at from several positions  by  "heavy
     weaponry," according to Midwest Today. Roderick told marshal
     Dave  Hunt, who did not witness the incident, that  although
     the agents had been ambushed they had not returned fire. All
     of these statements were shown to be false during the course
     of the subsequent investigation. The marshals were apparent-
     ly  attempting  to disguise their actions with  a  concocted

          State  and federal law enforcement authorities  quickly
     assembled  a force of more than 400, equipped  with  armored
     personnel  carriers, helicopters and sophisticated  weaponry
     better  suited to fighting a full-scale war than subduing  a
     "family, including two children and an infant, huddled in  a
     plywood shack," the newspaper observed.

          Later  that  day, Kevin, Randy and his wife  Vicki  re-
     trieved  the  boy's body and carried it to a shed  near  the
     cabin.  When  Kevin,  Randy and  his  16-year-old  daughter,
     Sarah,  went  to the shed the following evening for  a  last
     look  at the body, the federal agents opened fire  on  them,
     wounding  Weaver in the shoulder. The three made a dash  for
     the  cabin, where Vicki stood with the baby cradled  in  her
     arm, holding the door open. As the three reached the  house,
     Lon  Horiuchi, firing from a hidden position, shot Vicki  in
     the head, killing her instantly. When Weaver rushed over  to
     take  the baby from his wife's arms he lifted her  head  and
     saw that half her face had been blown away.

          Vicki's body was covered with a blanket and remained on
     the  floor  of  the cabin for the remaining 8  days  of  the
     siege.  Kevin was also hit -- his arm was  severely  damaged
     and his lung sustained multiple puncture wounds.  Weaver was
     finally  persuaded  to  surrender by Bo  Gritz,  his  former
     commander  when both had been in the Army's Special  Forces.
     Explaining  in  a letter to a friend what motivated  him  to
     represent Weaver, Spence wrote:

          "It  is pain that comes from the realization  that
          we have permitted a government to act in our  name
          and in our behalf in a criminal fashion. It is the
          pain of watching the government as it now attempts
          to  lie  about  its criminal  complicity  in  this
          affair  and to cover its crimes by charging  Randy
          with  crimes he did not commit, including  murder.
          It is the pain of seeing an innocent woman with  a
          child  in her arms murdered and innocent  children
          subjected to these atrocities."

          Weaver  and Harris were both charged with  first-degree
     murder  -- and acquitted. Weaver was to serve 16 months  for
     failing  to show up in court, even though he had been  given
     the wrong date on which to appear. The government eventually
     had to pay several million dollars to Weaver and his  family
     in settlement of legal claims resulting from the siege.

          Larry  Potts, the FBI's high muck-a-muck in  charge  of
     the  fiasco in Washington was later promoted to the rank  of
     deputy  director  by FBI head Louis Freeh, a move  that  re-
     quired  the  approval  of Attorney General  Janet  Reno  and
     President  Bill  Clinton. Freeh was subsequently  forced  to
     remove  Potts  in the face of public outrage  after  it  was
     revealed  that government officials had lied and covered  up
     the  role  they had played during the siege and  had  subse-
     quently  destroyed official documents relating to it.  Other
     high-ranking FBI officials were suspended or demoted.

          Spence said of Weaver, after it was over, "He is just a
     little old guy who wanted to go up the mountain and be  left

          Waiting in Waco

          Meanwhile, the wrongful death lawsuit filed against the
     government  and Lon Horiuchi on behalf of survivors  of  the
     Waco holocaust has been postponed for an unspecified period,
     probably until after the first of the year.  Details for the
     premiere  of the impatiently awaited film by  Mike  McNulty,
     "Waco:  A  New  Revelation" have  not  yet  been  announced,
     although it is believed that it will open in Washington.  It
     is  said  that the film makers plan to invite to  the  first
     showing  Attorney  General Janet Reno and former  Sen.  John
     Danforth, recently appointed by Reno to run an "independent"
     investigation of the Waco holocaust.

          Should these two worthies choose to attend the premiere
     of  McNulty's film they will no doubt get an  eyeful.  Among
     the new revelations contained in the footage obtained  under
     the  Freedom  of  Information Act is infrared  film  from  a
     surveillance  aircraft  showing  figures  crouching   behind
     Bradley  fighting  vehicles, out of sight of  the  press.  A
     series  of  bright  flashes is seen,  which  analyst  Edward
     Allard, formerly an Army expert on Forward-Looking  Infrared
     (FLIR), identifies as gunfire, some of which is aimed at the
     door of a concrete storage room where women and children had
     taken refuge. (This room is often referred to as a  "bunker"
     by  mainstream  media propagandists who support  the  gover-
     nment's contention that the flimsy fire-trap at Mount Carmel
     was  a formidable fortress). The figures are believed to  be
     members  of Delta Force, firing at the Davidians  from  con-
     cealed positions behind the armored vehicles. The FBI  disp-
     ute  that the flashes of light were caused by  gunfire,  but
     then they have also maintained that government personnel had
     remained inside the vehicles during this part of the  opera-

          The  FBI's  contention that the flashes of  light  were
     caused  by  sunlight reflecting off debris  such  as  broken
     glass  on the ground are disputed in the film by Allard  and
     Maurice Cox, a retired mathematician-imagery analyst with  a
     background  in  intelligence analysis.  According  to  Karen
     Brooks, writing in the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Cox  demon-
     strates  in the film, using geometry, "That the  FLIR  plane
     would have had to circle the compound at a speed of Mach 1.8
     to  capture reflections in the manner in which  the  flashes
     appear on the tape."

          Brooks also writes that the film alleges the FBI  "used
     at  least  six Defense 6Technologies flash-bang  devices  --
     which spew flames, smoke and heat -- inside the compound  in
     the  seconds before the fire broke out." Thus far,  the  FBI
     has admitted to firing two pyrotechnic tear gas grenades  at
     a  concrete "bunker" which agency spokesmen  insist  bounced
     harmlessly  off  the top of it. However,  records  found  by
     McNulty  in  the Rangers' evidence locker indicate  that  at
     least  three of the expended flash-bangs "were found  at  or
     near the places that officials said the fires started."

          But the film makers say that they are withholding  some
     of  the  best details until the film has been  seen  by  the
     public. "We don't want to give any of them a chance to  form
     their  public positions before everyone sees it at the  same
     time,"  said Aric Johnson, who is also the film's  technical
     director.   Janet Reno would seem to have formed an  opinion
     already  -- she denounced the conclusions drawn by the  film
     makers  a short time before appointing former Sen.  Danforth
     to run the "independent" investigation.

The best thing to hit the internet in years - Juno SpeedBand!
Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
Only $14.95/ month - visit to sign up today!

More information about the Rushtalk mailing list