older drivers

Fri Jul 18 21:37:29 MDT 2003

This would be a great time to bring back the issue of testing.

CWSIV

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 11:21:08 -0700 Jim Nantz <jnantz2 at GETNET.NET> writes:
At 05:57 AM 7/18/2003 -0700, Stephen Frye wrote:

>I live in California.  You are wrong.  Renewal is for shorter periods,
and
>the elderly are required to take road tests.  As a matter of fact, my
>mother-law-failed hers and had to take a sanctioned driving course
before
>she could be re-tested.  My father-in-law passed his.  I don't know the
age
>where that kicks in, but it does.

I saw the following in a story at

A bill in the California Legislature requiring road tests for people 75
and
older was killed in 2000 after senior citizen groups protested. Among
those
who would have been affected was Russell Weller, the man police say was
responsible for the Santa Monica crash