Hollyweird's Anti-Americans Cash In....

John A. Quayle blueoval at SGI.NET
Sat May 3 23:28:55 MDT 2003

Wednesday, April 23, 2003

Hollywood Appeasers Cash In on Anti-U.S. Rants

         Don't believe the whining of Tim Robbins and Susan Sarandon and
other Tinseltown leftists who claim they're paying a price for opposing
Operation Iraqi Freedom. They're getting rich from their anti-U.S.
activism, according to the liberal Washington Post.

         Consider this boast from Janeane Garofalo, who, even after Iraqi
citizens welcomed their U.S.-led liberators, still refuses to make the
apology she so publicly promised. "I knew when I started speaking out that
it was going to be unpleasant, and I've taken my punches. But the positives
have far outweighed the negatives," she gloated. "Before this I was a
moderately well-known character actress. Now I'm almost famous."

[Note: She still is a talentless moron. - John Q.]

         Indeed. Since ranting against Operation Iraqi Freedom on TV news
shows, she has bagged countless offers for speaking engagements, stand-up
gigs and stage roles, bundles of fan mail and a sitcom pilot with ABC, the
Post noted. "The other day, after a decade and a half of doing comedy, she
made America Online's 'Comedians to Watch' list."

'Choked Up With Pride' When Naked Homosexuals Burn the U.S. Flag

         Quite a coup for an actress who told now-defunct Buzz magazine in
1998: "Our country is founded on a sham. Our forefathers were slave-owning
rich white guys who wanted it their way. So when I see the American flag, I
go, 'Oh my God, you're insulting me.' That you can have a gay parade on
Christopher Street in New York, with naked men and women on a float
cheering, 'We're here, we're queer!' - that's what makes my heart swell.
Not the flag, but a gay naked man or woman burning the flag. I get choked
up with pride."

         Now she can be a rich white gal choked up with pride when she sees
the American flag burned.

         The Post notes that "dissent, it seems, can be a pretty good
career move." And "All told, widespread publicity about celebrities' war
views has helped, not hurt, the careers of the famous."

UCLA film prof Howard Suber said: "If you're a producer or a studio, I
can't imagine in our time some studio executive saying, "Let's not use
Martin Sheen," or "Let's not use Tim Robbins." That would be in Variety the
next day.

[Note, II: Tim Robbins is just as equally non-talented as Garofolo. He was
miserably poor in "Bull Durham". He was stiff and mechanical. Looked like
he'd never even heard of baseball, much less played the game. And his
self-penned, self-directed effort, "Bob Roberts" died so fast at the box
office that I'm sure it set new records for brevity. I had two walk-on
scenes in that movie and it died before ever playing any local theatres.
I've never seen the flick. - JAQ]

         "These days you don't get used if you're a kook, if you're
difficult or you snort too much coke. If it doesn't get in the way of
making a film, they don't care what you do," he said.

         Robbins, who fantasized about "a climate of fear," is sitting
pretty. "I'm OK," he had to admit. "I just finished two films. I don't
believe there's fallout. If there was, I don't think anyone would say,
'We're not hiring you for political reasons.' "

         His longtime live-in, Sarandon, continues to make movie after
movie, whereas the sexist industry that employs her has no use for most
56-year-old actresses. This payback comes despite her unpopularity with the
American public, as seen in the poor box office results from her latest
movies, "Moonlight Mile" and "The Banger Sisters," and the disastrous
ratings for her CBS TV flick Sunday.

Others who have gotten rich from their appeasement rants:

         -- After Michael Moore's bizarre tirade against President Bush on
worldwide television at the Oscars, his obviously autobiographical book
about being a stupid white man shot back up to the top of the best-seller
lists. He claims that orders on Amazon for his latest semi-fictitious
"documentary" have outpaced those of the Oscar winner for best picture,
"Chicago," and that there's even interest in reviving his failed TV series
despite the poor ratings it fetched.

         -- Although leftists moaned and wailed and uttered phony cries of
"censorship" when sales of the Dixie Chicks' latest release dropped after
singer Natalie Maines told a foreign audience that the group was ashamed
Bush was from Texas, the CD returned to No. 1 on the country charts last week.

And a couple more that the Post doesn't mention but we will:

         -- NBC's "The West Wing" keeps giving big fat raises to imaginary
prez Sheen, whose modest career was washed up before the series hired him.
But the show's leftist producers refused to give similar consideration to
co-star Rob Lowe and let him walk. Perhaps it's no coincidence that Lowe
has voiced support for the president's policy on Iraq.

         -- George Clooney, a college dropout like many Tinseltown leftists
who denounce "stupid" U.S. policies, remains one of Hollywood's most
pampered and sought-after stars even though his two most recent movies
tanked after he raged against President Bush and ridiculed the ailing
Charlton Heston. Next on his plate: a re-teaming with the Coen brothers.
Getting rich from left-wing activism is hardly a new phenomenon in
Hollywood, the Post notes.

         -- "Hanoi" Jane Fonda's reward for spreading lies of the Viet Cong
who were torturing American POWs: roles most actresses would kill for,
multimillion-dollar salaries and two Oscars. (And a failed but profitable
marriage to media tycoon Ted Turner, though some would consider that a
punishment.)

         -- Woody Harrelson's reward for opposing the Gulf War in 1991,
after Saddam Hussein attacked Kuwait: an Emmy, an Oscar nomination and
juicy big-screen movie roles despite his limited talent. Though his career
has been in the toilet for years, don't be surprised if he too finds a way
to profit from his latest anti-war and anti-American screeds. For
Hollywood's minstrels and would-be geopolitical experts, there's no such
thing as bad publicity. As the Christian Science Monitor concluded today in
an article on La-La Land's anti-war profiteers, "All of which only goes to
prove that Oscar Wilde was right when he said the only thing worse that
being talked about is not being talked about."

         But woe unto anyone who dares criticize those who aid and comfort
Hussein's genocidal dictatorship.
<http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2003/4/21/121725.shtml>Self-styled
"peace" activists are quick to threaten violence against anyone who finds
fault with Tinseltown's tyros.

<end>