Hazing

Jim Nantz jnantz2 at GETNET.NET
Mon May 12 15:10:57 MDT 2003

If you've looked at the Fox News site over the last week or so, you've seen
articles about a hazing incident in Illinois.   This incident happened on a
weekend and off of the school grounds.  Today I read that the girls have
been suspended and are facing expulsion.  My question is, if does not
happen on school property, then what authority does the school have to do
anything about it?

If the incident happened on school property then the school would have a
right to say something about it.  However since it happened off of school
property then it should be only a matter for the police to handle.