Texas DemocRATS

John A. Quayle blueoval at SGI.NET
Wed May 14 08:29:38 MDT 2003

At 11:58 AM 5/14/2003 +0000, Thomas Matiska wrote:

>Is there something unfair about the pending redistricting, or is this just a
>case of the minority party doesn't want the ELECTED majority party to call
>the shots?

         Well, one's concept of "fair" is often a subjective issue.
Far-as-I-know, the situation seems to be that the minority party refuses to
go along with the ELECTED majority party's legitimate right to gerrymander.
Richard Whitenight lives in Texas. Rich, have I stated the situation
correctly?

>  Is there something about minority rule in the Texas Constitution I'm
>unaware of?

         If so, that makes two of us...............

John Q.