The Food Police Re-Emerge..............

Stephen A. Frye s.frye at VERIZON.NET
Sat May 17 06:29:47 MDT 2003

At 12:20 AM 5/17/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>At 05:46 AM 5/16/2003 -0700, Stephen A. Frye wrote:
>>>[That Quayle Rapscallion:]
>>>         Doctor Barefoot's work shows that by adding a few more
>>> milligrams of certain kinds of nutrients, any blockage can be eased. Go
>>> ahead be skeptical, if you so choose. But, read the books!!! They will
>>> make you a believer.
>>

>>Thank you, but I want the word of more than one individual (and his
>>team).
>
>         Fine. Then I heartily recommend that you subscribe to Dr. William
> C. Douglas's e-mail newser. Dr. Douglas and Robert Barefoot seem to see
> eye-to-eye on a great deal (if not all) issues.
>
>>There are many who disagree with him.
>
>         There are many, Stephen, who are collecting a percentage - a
> commission, if you will - from Pfizer, Burroughs-Wellcom and other drug
> companies. To me, this is unethical. Even my own doctor (who's a staunch
> right-winger, BTW) all too freely pushes the meds - a sure sign of
> someone collecting a slice of the pie.

Let's see - you don't trust someone who gets a commission (and I don't know
many who are), yet you trust someone who markets his own magic cure-all?

>>I am not saying that he is wrong. I believe, as do many, that he is
>>incomplete.
>
>         30 years of study is INCOMPLETE??? Carrumba!

No.  His studies may be complete, but his statements are not.

>>I am not under emphasizing the importance of good nutrition. Quite the
>>opposite. But, by itself, it is not enough. Even with the best of
>>nutrition, and supplemental nutrients, there will still be disease - even
>>among those
>>practicing the nutritional guidelines.
>
>         How does one then explain the lack of serious disease on Okinawa?

Don't rule out genetics.  It's very possible.
Also, what was the incidence of disease before the cure-all?

>>As far as blockage - I would much rather prevent them than try to ease them.
>
>         Good choice.......nutrition helps prevents them, too.

Did I ever deny that!  Isn't that what a good, healthy diet is all about?

>>Additionally, I am indeed even more than skeptical when an *expert* also
>>sells the solution.
>
>         How is this any worse than your personal physician collecting
> "commission" from drug manufacturers?

I know for a fact that my physician collects no commission whatsoever from
any drug manufacturer.  I also know that my previous (private practice)
physician received no commission whatsoever.  I also know two other
physicians who collect no commission whatsoever.  I am four for four for
the last 27 years.  Before that, I don't know.

>         Me. But, I read his books with an open mind. Don't believe for a
> moment that I swallowed hyperbole blindly.

Have you read any opposing opinions - especially by authors not standing to
profit if you buy their position?