The Food Police Re-Emerge..............

John A. Quayle blueoval at SGI.NET
Sat May 17 13:40:47 MDT 2003

At 09:21 AM 5/17/2003 -0400, Jose wrote:

>May I modify your common sense observations?
>
>1. If you eat too many [ of anything] you will get fat.

         Just make sure you don't fall prey to inertia..........because you
can still get fat by eating "normally" - whatever that really is.
:-)

>2. If you eat too many [ of anything with sugar] you will rot your
>teeth.

         Not if you brush after eating.............I do!

>3. If you eat too many high fat foods you will clog your arteries and
>likely have a heart attack.

         Again, "too many" is a nebulous term. Vigorous exercise at least
three times a week may help counter that - depending on your metabolism, of
course. But, don't many Mexicans and South American Spaniards eat dishes
that are high in fat content, Jose?

         Italians eat a great deal of carbohydrates (pasta and bread being
the two biggest culprits). But, they counter with olive oil (supposed to
lower cholesterol) and plenty of wine with meals (said to help "burn"
calories). My maternal grandparents were skinny-as-rails.

John Q.