Food Police

John A. Quayle blueoval at SGI.NET
Mon May 19 17:49:11 MDT 2003

At 11:52 AM 5/19/2003 -0700, Stephen A. Frye wrote:

>John,
>
>I have now spent a huge amount of time researching this. But in the
>interest of simplicity, I would like to address just one issue:
>
>What is your source for claiming that Doctors receive commission etc from
>a drug company for prescribing their drugs?

         My wife is an RN with 24 years of service. There are doctors with
either loose lips or no shame (or any combination, thereof) who work at her
hospital. I've also heard corroborating stories from other nurses - old
high school classmates, wives of friends, and so forth. Again, I realize
this is hearsay evidence and not to be believed, but that's all there is.
These folks who've told me have nothing to gain from telling falsehoods.

>Also, how does the information get from the prescription form to the drug
>manufacturer?

         The distributors arrange the deals and they do the checking. I'm
not privy to all of the finer points, since I'm not involved in the medical
profession.

John Q.