Drugs and Pharmacies

John A. Quayle blueoval at SGI.NET
Tue May 20 11:40:33 MDT 2003

At 09:28 AM 5/20/2003 -0700, Stephen A. Frye wrote:

>I have found so far that most pharmacies buy their drugs from wholesalers,
>not from the manufacturers themselves. Hospitals, on the other hand, tend
>to buy directly from the manufacturers.

         Generally, this is true. Not always. A few years ago, I applied
for a job as a "med rep" - not a factory-direct guy, but would've been
working for a wholesaler. I would've been calling on doctors and hospitals
alike, maintaining current accounts and soliciting for new business. I
never got the job, since my education lacked any training in
pharmaceuticals or chemistry.

John Q.