WS>>Greater Love Hath No Man/VIEW FROM THE RIGHT

Jim Nantz jnantz2 at GETNET.NET
Mon May 26 18:10:24 MDT 2003

At 02:37 PM 5/26/2003 -0700, Carl wrote:
>           The  commemorations that occur this Memorial  Day  will
>      take on a special significance in the holiday's 135-year-old
>      history. Many Memorial Day ceremonies throughout the  nation
>      will  pay  tribute to the fallen heroes of  Operation  Iraqi
>      Freedom,  including the first woman in our nation's  history
>      to  ever die in combat: PFC Lori Ann Piestewa,  an  American
>      Indian from Arizona.

The local media has been full of reports about this woman.  The governor
sent her goon squad to threaten and intimidate the people on the board that
is responsible for place names.  It seems the governor is one of these PC
types who thought a mountain in Phoenix, Squaw Peak was offensive to
indians.  She rushed through the renaming of Squaw Peak after Lori Piestewa.

The media also sang the praises of Piestewa because she was a single mom
who left two children behind.  No mention has ever been made of the father
or fathers of these children.  So he/they must be out of the picture.  My
question is what was this woman doing in the army in the first place?  It
seems to me that her first responsibility was to raise her children, not
join the army where she got herself killed.  Now those kids will not have a
mother or father.