Laws

Wed May 28 13:55:12 MDT 2003

The loophole you recignized is likely the one which needs to be plugged
the most.
Likely the other side would argue their need for marketing information
but they can just as easily research doctors by speciality.

CWSIV

On Tue, 20 May 2003 08:25:40 -0700 "Stephen A. Frye" <s.frye at VERIZON.NET>
So far, I can find no law that requires drug companies be furnished with
the names of prescribing physicians.  As a matter of fact, there is
current
legislation underway to better ensure that this actually does not happen.

Pharmacies keep databases of this information, but whether that is made
available to the pharmaceutical company, I have not yet determined.